Monday, April 4, 2011

life

i have always been an old soul. my thoughts, actions, and choices have always mimicked characteristics of someone much older. however, these last few weeks have truly shaped me into not only a person of maturity but also one of strength and awareness. 

i remember the days of being a child and i look fondly on those times, sometimes even wishing they were still present. when you are young there are certain things that you do not understand, things that you are not forced to deal with. when i was younger the most i ever worried about was someone making fun of my dress, or if my parents wouldn't buy me my favourite toy. 

now those worries have been replaced with reflection, death, and disappointments. the childhood facade fades and adulthood smacks you in the face. these weeks have been hard. i have learned that people are not always who they appear to be, and that bad things do happen to good people. in such a short duration i have been forced to grow up more than i ever thought i would, more than i ever wanted to be.

"everything will change. the only question is growing up or decaying." 
-nikki giovanni



No comments:

Post a Comment